[kj] xmas presents

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 07:46:41 EST 2005

So what did everyone get, music-wise?

I've had:

The Fall - Fall Heads Roll
Hard-fi - Stars of CCTV
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Various - Another World is Possible

So far I've only listened to the latter two. "Another World..."
includes ADF covering Police On My Back - worth buying for this track
alone.  Also includes the Skatalites, Lee Perry, Moby, Femi Kuti, Salif
Keita, Nitin Sawhney, Massive Attack and others...

The Bloc Party CD mostly sounds like it was recorded in about 1978
except more professionally and with better technology! None of which is
a bad thing.  Overall the quality is pretty good (only 1 or 2 really
duff tunes) and it's a limited edition with a bonus DVD featuring all
of their videos, some live footage, etc etc.  Impressive stuff...

Jamie