[kj] the missing album

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 04:58:46 EST 2005

that's what's wrong with it. KILLING JOKE music should thrill and/or move
you. it should at least have SOME effect on you! who wants to listen to a
song that has no impact at all? the lyrics are dire and there's not really
any sort of riff to speak of.

but i agree with jamie et al 'nuclear boy' and 'animal' are good enough to
merit proper studio renditions. 'malicious boogie' is a bit daft but mildly
enjoyable if you're in the mood for "something very silly" - YOWSER YOWSER!

wasn't the story about 'are you receiving?' that it was written after jaz
stormed off in a huff cuz youth was so rubbish? geordie presuaded him to
keep trying, so he started playing that repetative line and geordie wrote
the riff on top. so i guess that's why jaz's keyboards aren't on it. he
could have added some, of course, but presumably the song didn't need it.
the other early songs probably started out with and idea of jaz's? that's my
theory and i'm sticking to it.