[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

Scarlet lucyfyre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:53:42 EST 2005

Thing is, not everyone in East LA becomes the head of a crime organization,
killing people just 'cause they don't have the right colored bandana, or
worse, 'cause they were running away scared. He did. So, if some people have
the guts not to do these things, why couldn't he?

Blaming society for your actions is a cowards way out. The thing is, even if
he was a 'bi-product' of society, he continued to endorse that bi-product,
until he was in jail, funny that, so that would mean ipso facto society
works - and we all know it doesn't. Tookie justified his actions through his
society and tried to rectify his actions through society and ultimately died
because of the rules of his society.

Personally, I believe if we are going to change society, the first thing to
do is change ourselves. As opposed to Tookie whose moral was "If we are
going to change society, the first thing we do is take what we want and
shoot anyone who gets in our way.

Scar