[kj] OT ***Power Chord Pioneer Link Wray Dies at 76

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Sun Dec 11 00:25:59 EST 2005

mr geordie said:

>My impression is that he was an innovator, and forrms a precious link
>(sorry) between amplified country/blues/early rock n roll and the late 60'
>noisemongers such as Jimi Hendrix/The Who and then on to The MC5.
Well, Jimi was much more than a noisemonger. Among other things he was a
great composer!
This is lacking in many groups of today IMHO.

>Whatever your thoughts, we owe him a great deal!
Perhaps, I suppose the ease of it made me start the guitar once upon a
time. However, I think Geordies guitar technique have less to do with
power chords than many other guitarists style. If this is relevant.