[kj] SAW / Brilliant

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu Dec 8 04:55:01 EST 2005

Just reading last Saturday's Guardian magazine, including a long
interview with Stock Aitken and Waterman - quite interesting, as a
matter of fact. Amidst all of the references to Rick Astley et al,
there was this:

And yet they positively ooze belligerent self-confidence. "We did this
record with this band called Brilliant," remembers Waterman, "the
reviews were phenomenal and it got to 58 in the charts. I remember
saying to the guys, fuck that for critically-acclaimed music, you can't
pay the fucking rent with that."

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Jamie