[kj] Re: OT - "UK Music Hall of Fame" : No Joy Division, N.O., or John Peel????

Stephen Robinson heiferboy at robinsonworld.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 17:26:12 EST 2005

Honestly? After I spent a good 5 minutes of my life getting onto a commecial
web-site?

I was expecting more of a how much of sell out the Sex Pistols were for
allowing themselves to become part of this grim fargo we call Rock and Roll
music industry, rather than pointing out Never Mind the Bollock is a great
Rock album, I'm sure even the average banjo playing Red neck mid-westerner
knows that by now?

Hmm.. maybe not...

> Apart from that, Mrs.Lincoln, how'd you enjoy the show?
>
> Alex in NYC
>

> On Saturday, December 3, 2005, at 05:04 PM, Stephen Robinson wrote:
>

>> "You need to upgrade your web browser.
>>
>> More than 98% of our audience uses one of the browsers listed below.
>> We want
>> to help you update your browser so that you have a better experience
>> on TIME.com and other Web sites.
>>
>> Click one of the download links below to upgrade your browser for
>> free"
>
>> Times need to update their ideas, I'm the customer, I'll do what I
>> choose
>> for web browsing, and if it takes 3 seconds longer for the home page
>> to load, I'll be able to live with that.
>>

>>> In a message dated 11/30/2005 2:31:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
>>> vassifer at earthlink.net writes:
>>>
>>> Speaking  of Halls of Fame and all that, my editors at TIME were nice
>>> enough to tap  me to scribble up a couple of hundred words on the
>>> `Pistols being inducted  into the Rock'n'Rol Hall of Fame....which I
>>> did, and hey lookit! It made  it onto TIME.Com
>>>
>>> Follow the link from my blog:
>>> http://vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2005/11/sex_pistols_in_.html
>>>

>> --
>> I wrote this in Yam 2.5 Beta on my Amiga One runing Beta OS4, yep,
>> that's a
>> whole lotta beta. And if the Amiga Reference has got you interested:
>> http://os4.hyperion-entertainment.biz/

Regards