[kj] chat down?

Jester webmaster at killing-joke.com
Wed Aug 31 13:06:22 EDT 2005

Nope, it was actually two issues, one of which I can make room for.

1. Worst problem. Spammers spamming the blog and the referring hits.
Looking at the log, almost 10 gigs of bandwidth used by three different
referring hits from Japan, hitting nothing but the blog...so, will more
than likely move the blog to a different server.

2. The new galleries from the benefit took a lot of hits and ate a lot
of bandwidth. However, had there never been even half as much from the
spam we would have made it through the month.

Chat used about 700 - 800 megs. The message board uses about 2 gigs.

Would switch to an irc channel, but most of the 527+ members of chat
dont use irc, nor want to. That was clear and the reason it was shut
down before.

So, at the latest, it will be up at midnight EST. That is about 11
hours away. I just cant justify spending nearly $50.00 for 11 hours of
use.

Cheers,

Jester