[kj] Clothe your women........................

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 30 14:49:33 EDT 2005

F.F , this post must be up their in the ignorant category , along with
Felicity Partridges recent post about Blair's salary.
   Are you honestly trying to convince that Westerners supported the war
because of the burkahs that the women wore?I would say that in most of the
worlds big cities, seeing women fully covered in burkahs is quite common.I
was freaked out when I first saw one, when I was about nine years old, but
nowadays they are quite common and people are no longer freaked out by them.
    I was nt working in Saudi, I was just travelling around. I was refused
entry to numerous places (Because I was nt Muslim, which I considered
blatant discrimination).I also got interrogated for the crime of going into
a police station and asking directions,and was nt made to feel welcome when
I came across the border wearing shorts.
     I also tried to enter Afghanistan (from Pakistan), but a Pakistani
border guard said that I could enter if I wanted............but I probably
would nt come back.
   Just across the border (near the Khyber pass) there were many arms for
sale, everything from Kalashnikovs to surface to air missile
launchers,available to anyone who had the cash.

     P.W.