[kj] Clothe your women........................

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 30 09:18:48 EDT 2005

>From my experience, short trousers for adults are indeed illegal to wear in
public in Saudi, (illegal in the law of the Saudi much feared, religious
police)also I never saw one person wearing Western clothes,it's just not
practical to wear trousers when its 120 degrees.I even took to wearing an
arubaya(or whatever it was called),as it was just soo hot.
     Though in Pakistan , Western dress is much more common,along with local
clothes and sarongs.    Yes, its also correct that shorts are only worn by
schoolkids and the very poor, long trousers are for the people who can
afford them.

Elephantman

Making them.....cultural.
******Yes, they are a part of culture, but clothes are forever changing in
style, so there is no one style that is part of culture, except maybe the
suit, as that doesnt change much over the years*******

Do you feel language to be non-cultural too?...and please don't relate your
answer to just 'words'
 ****You are moving too far from the subject heading now, I originally
stated that the words "Clothe your women the Western way" was not an honest
assumption to make.
  If it's Ok for Westerners to wear middle eastern clothes, why should nt
Middle easterners wear Western clothes"**********

Does it still justify bombing the fuck out of them, mal-treated women and
all?
*******No-one is trying to justify that, I'm just pointing out
contradictions in the song************

Greg:Of corse, they also need to set up a puppet government like they did in
Afghanistn and are trying to do in Iraq.
 ******I do believe that the Allied forces are trying to set up a Government
that will be voted for by the people, thus it will not be a puppet
government, indeed the terrorists are trying to stop a legitimate Government
being formed**********

Rob: Yes I must fix the latch on my front door , but I hate D.I.Y and will
fix it when i absolutely have to

Paul: It's not about me, I'm just stating hypocritical attitudes I see on
this list.If I wanted to blow my own trumpet, I could go on about other
things that happened that night after the show, but I shall not,  as its
no-one else's business, I'm just concerned about the treatment of people who
get up on stage**********

Greame Dregs:Which water park do you frequent?