[kj] Clothe your women........................

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 23:13:43 EDT 2005

I think that this line in the song was meant as a kind of general comment on
the occupation of Iraq, and imperialism in general. I don't think the US and
UK care what the Iraqi women dress like (as long as they can control the
distribution and pricing of oil and Haliburton and friends can make some $), but it
is useful for an invading nation to have some cultural control over the
country they are occupying. ((Of corse, they also need to set up a puppet government
like they did in Afghanistn and are trying to do in Iraq). So that's probably
what Jaz is referring to.
P.S. Good thing PW is not living in the US--he'd probably be one of those
people chasing after Mexican immigrants at the Arizona border.