[kj] The Thirteenth

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 19:12:02 EDT 2005

Yeah, what a truly great gig! Up there with the best I've been to. Small
gigs are where it's at for me, and to have the Joke creating their mighty
sound so close was amazing. Intensity level was, well... intensified!
The Underworld possibly topped it 'cos it was the first time I'd seen 'em
in 8 years, but there's no doubt this was a wondrous Joke experience. Pity
about the Kerrang logo polluting the stage but you can't have it all!!!

That's so fucking cool you got to play drums with Killing Joke,
Jester!    Glad I got to say hello, if very briefly (and I doubt you
remember!).

Due to stupid train times (okay, due to me going for the cheapest possible
fare) it was late before I made it to the Enterprise... so once again
missed everyone.   Sorry Antoni, I realised I rushed right past you without
saying hello on my way to pub (though possibly you didn't know who the fuck
I was anyway, ha ha).

Cheers for the marathon effort of getting two pints through that crowd
Graeme!  I blame that/those (and Pssyche!) for getting me down the front
with my broken shoulder!  Well worth the next day though, ha ha.

And an added bonus was talking Turbonegro with Gaye Advert afterwards!
Never did I think I'd say "I'm an Ass Cobra man" to punk's REAL first
lady!  Both her and TV Smith were lovely people.

It's all got me counting the minutes til it's October!   Here we go
again... yee-ha!

Dave in Embra