[kj] geordie chat

Matt Platts matt.platts at delerium.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 13:51:30 EDT 2005

Ah, if only... Geordie actually came up to me after the gig and asked for a
light!

There was this sudden rush of thoughts going through my head that went
something along the line of 'Erk! The guitarist who id love to talk to more
than any other has just come up to me and nows the perfect opportunity to
actually make contact... only Im too pissed to string a sensible sentence
together! Arse!'

Thing was, my mate had been buying me a drink every time Id got half way
down the last one since 4 o'clock (now thats good amtes 4 ya!). Then Id
been jumping about for an hour and how ever long to the joke, and Id
reached that point where I had nothing left in me but to get home. Which i
(just) managed.

So I gave him a light, said cheers, and shut up from slurring drunken
rubbish, which I think it was remarkably thoughtful considering my state!
However, if anyone out there knows Geordie please tell him that the pissed
bloke he asked for a light from wasn't being standoffish but merely
respectfully not talking drunken drivel at him coz thats undoubtedly what
would have come out!!!!

Oh well, next time I go see killing joke sober then! hahaha...