[kj] Back home

Shadforth, Jane SUKOP-OFI/3521 jane.shadforth at shell.com
Tue Aug 23 04:09:29 EDT 2005

Also first time back online since the gig - have just waded through all the emails. Wow - what a fantastic event!! and great to meet you Jester albeit briefly at the end of the show - had to rush off to catch our train back to south London after that. Anyway - I meant to say, hope you had a fantastic trip, enjoyed the show, and all the very best with the treatment.

Gig was just amazing - fantastic atmosphere, band seemed to be loving it, very happy gatherers & friends and fortunately for me, (with an injured leg, and 6 months of fitness lost as a result), not too rough. I spent most of it on the periphery of the "pit", hopping around on one leg, and protecting myself from getting too shoved about. It was frustrating I couldn't throw myself into it more, but I didn't feel I was missing out too much, and surprisingly, there was enough space to dance cautiously, and still get into it. Jayne thought it was comparable to Subterrania - I'm not sure about that, but it was pretty damn good.

Apologies to all I didn't catch up with. I was fully intending to pop into the Enterprise at some point, but just had too many old friends to catch up with, (and sort out tickets with), in the Weatherspoons, and somehow time just evaporated. Maybe being enormously pissed after starting drinking at 11:00 also had something to do with that.

Malcolm - sorry I missed you - Jayne introduced me to Clarky at the end, who was a very happy bunny - remind him he owes you for the ticket, (my sponsorship for GNR).

Lynne - sorry I once again forgot you name, (and apologies to your friend Chris for that too). Good to see you again.

Antoni - sorry I didn't have time for a chat between songs, and missed you afterwards.

Rob - good to see you again - also fairly briefly.

Peter - nice to meet you - I completely missed the fracas with Raven.

Juliet - did you manage to find Mel to give her the ticket? I never saw her, (or you again), after the pub, so not sure whether she made it?

Hope everyone had as good an evening as I did - roll on October, Jane