[kj] Jaz interview - This weeks Kerrang

Phillipps Marc Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk
Thu Aug 18 09:23:39 EDT 2005

(only a little one)

________________

If you weren't around to see the legendary Killing Joke when they had their
start in 1978, take heart, because Jaz Coleman can't wait to play for all
you "little sperms". And he'll be helping a dear friend of his while he's at
it . .

Aren't you supposed to be recording an album right now?
Jaz: "Ha! yeah, and the show falls right in the middle of it. But then we've
got Jester, who runs the Killing Joke website. He's been diagnosed with
terminal cancer, so we're going out of our way to play this gig."

What's the connection?
"What I am going to do is hand write all of the lyrics from the new album in
hand made books with cigar wrappers of all the cigars we smoked for this
recording session. We're going to auction them off and give the proceeds to
Jester to help him out. We're just going to do 12. It's a worthy cause for
us."

The Barfly is a pretty small venue . .
"I don't give a fuck how small it is. We're going to rock out and smash
peoples fucking heads in."

(a bit of stuff about touring with Motley Crue for the money)

So should fans expect a more serious gig at The Barfly?
"Not at all, because what's really hysterical is that so many people who
come to our concerts were just these little sperms when we had our start.
They're so young. Little sperms! It'll be a laugh."

So . . . Jaz is expecting a Bukkake fest on Sunday?

& Haringey Health Communities.