[kj] flybar

Shadforth, Jane SUKOP-OFI/3521 jane.shadforth at shell.com
Sat Aug 13 13:29:16 EDT 2005

My penniesworth on this...

Personally, I don't think 6000 people will be trying to get tickets for a gig that's only a week away, especially as V Festival & Beautiful Days are on that weekend, and it's the middle of the summer holidays. Also - with a full tour just around the corner a lot of lets say, "less-committed" fans will be happy to wait to see them in October. February was a bit different - there wasn't a lot else happening, and they were special anniversary shows. A number of my friends who went to those, are going in October, and would normally always go to see Killing Joke already have other plans, can't get the time off, or are just happy to wait. I'm not saying there won't be a high demand, but I wouldn't expect it to be quite that high. Mind you if 40 gatherers buy 5 tickets each, (which will sell it out), we could be artificially creating the demand, and end up with spare tickets to shift afterwards.

The Therapy? tickets, which were due to go on sale at 10:00 didn't actually go on sale until about 10:45, so I'm not sure it's an exact science. We could all end up spending ages waiting for the link to become available. After trying the web for 30 minutes on Thursday, I phoned up, but couldn't buy over the phone either - although apparently by then, somebody was looking into it. Sure enough the links changed so I could buy tickets soon after that.

Also - this may be a dumb question, but would I be right in assuming that somebody has checked that the venue itself actually sells tickets? I may be missing something, but I can't spot that piece on information on www.barflyclub.com.

Jane