[kj] Lock Up Your Hats?

Graeme Rowland crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 09:47:16 EDT 2005

Whether a band wears hast or not is irrelevant, but in
the Wire song 'Boiling Boy' Bruce Gilbert used hats as
a metaphor for decency and thought the boiling boy
would want them as he was a bit mad, if I remember
correctly.

Just got the Democracy & Pandemonium reissues today.

New Bunnymen album 'Siberia' is surprisingly good
sonically, if a little corny lyrically. They are
touring UK in October too.

Part Chimp album is a total onslaught! Flattenin all
in path w/ big rock devolution... they are the 1/2 ape
men.

Also got the reissue of the 2nd Adverts album
recently, mostly for the 2nd disc of all their Peel
sessions, but found it to be way better than I
remembered, especially the punk rock opera title
track.

--- Christof hamille <wessidetempest at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> And don't forget Youth with his
> floppy/hippy/pyschedelic thing hanging off
> of his few strands of stringy pot-induced past.
>
> I love Killing Joke.  I wear hats often.  But
> usually when it is cold or
> wet.
>
> Chris

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

"What one thinks of as extremes seldom are" :: BC Gilbert