[kj] [OT] Any thoughts on this, from Americans on the list

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 19:22:20 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/2/2005 4:15:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wessidetempest at hotmail.com writes:

> Chris - having to speed home to vote one corrupt mayor out of Detroit to
> vote another corrupt one in.  Maybe I'll get a 40 oz. instead and mow the
> lawn

Sad but true. As I once heard someone say (updating Marx), "voting is now the
opiate of the masses". Remeber Kerry? He actually called for 40,000 more
troops in Iraq when he was running for office. I think local, grassroots
organizing is more effective than electoral politics--e.g., union stuff, kicking
military recruiters out of schools, etc.