[kj] ot: System of a Down.

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 14:05:54 EDT 2005

I'll pass.

Unless they change the singer, which must of sounded like and looks a  little
bit like Rasptin! LOL! ~ LB

In a message dated 8/2/2005 8:37:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
vassifer at earthlink.net writes:

I  had to write about these guys this week for my weekly idiocy in THE
NEW  YORKER and dug some of their stuff out for the first time in a long
while.  I haven't heard anything off of their new record (though I think
it boasts  some of the weakest cover art of the last decade), and I've
always been  somewhat put off by their ties to whistleheaded "nu metal",
but damn if  "Chop Suey" from TOXICITY isn't just a striking piece of
music. When they  hit those high harmonies in that middle-eight (01:56)
and again towards  the finale (02:51), augmented by the piano? Holy
shit, I almost well up  and cry. I find it strangely affecting.

Has anyone heard their new one?  Is it worth checking out?

Alex in NYC