[kj] Live Sounds

Ed Grapes dadsizedpantz at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 19:14:53 EDT 2005

Is it just me, or is the live sound at Joke gigs sometimes a bit ... um ... errr ... unsatisfactory?  I've always found that I've had to move around a fair bit to find the spot where it's not so bass heavy that you can't hear Geordie man's guitar; was particularly shite at the Forum (London's Town and Country Club a it was ten years or so ago).  Notable acception was Norwich's Waterfront on the Extremities tour, but then again it had been five or six years and I thought that I'd never see them live again, so this (and a certain amount of alcohol) probably enhanced proceedings a little ...