[kj] suggs ect/ covers

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 10:13:18 EDT 2005

The song was released under the name THIS MORTAL COIL, not THE COCTEAU
TWINS. Try finding it on a Cocteau Twins record. You won't. IT was
released solely on IT'LL END IN TEARS by This Mortal Coil, which was
organized and choreographed by 4AD chief,  Ivo Watts Russell, and
marked the first time -- I believe -- that Fraser sang in discernible
English (not her idea). Robbie from Modern English recorded a version
of "Not Me" on This Mortal Coil's IT'LL END IN TEARS. That doesn't mean
that Modern English recorded "Not Me", but rather that This Mortal Coil
(an amorphous studio collective and Watts Russell's pet project) did.

You're still wrong. And you're still a dick.

Alex in NYC