[kj] (kj) peter west football

antoni at clara.net antoni at clara.net
Thu Apr 28 17:18:24 EDT 2005

More hilarious last night were the pre-match shenanigans in the So Bar
(upstairs) ... whilst mingling about supping one's lager, I noticed a couple
of officers arrive, followed by a couple of concerned suited guys ... then
my mate Pete noticed "bloody hell, it's Michael Howard" ... it sure was ...
as he shifted with TV crew from door to door, presumably doing an interview,
I quickly stirred up a dozen or so of the chaps into a rousing "P M, You'll
never be PM, you'll never be PM, you'll never be PM, P M" ... twice this
occurred & by the time they shuffled him back down the stairs and out a few
of the more right wing Chelsea boys started singing "there's only one
Michael Howard", which kinda missed the point really (what with him
allegedly being a Liverpool supporter) but if you're gonna drag up politics
in a place like that then it's opening pandora's box ... thankfully things
petered out with no ill feeling & hopefully I'm not barred now ... but I can
tell you that he certainly heard it ... the coppers were laughing ... maybe
he has the last laugh (though he did look rather too unstatesman like) ...
but if he does, gawd help us all ...

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *