[kj] First amongt equals

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 25 20:01:52 EDT 2005

Yes...................................... But
   Exploitation is not exclusive too:from first to third world countries.
UK farmers are also being Exploited by the supermarkets, whose buying power
gives them total control over everything.Before ,the farmer used to sell to
individual shops and markets ,But since the growth of supermarket chains
the small shops have disappeared and the only person who will buy is the
supermarkets and they dictate the price ,usually giving farmers minimal if
any profit.
   This happens the world over,Everyone wants to make maximum profit and
everyone wants minimum expenditure.
   Question for everyone:
I suppose that you don't agree with the big monopolies ,the Supermarkets and
the multinational corporations.But how many of you are willing to pay extra
money for fair-trade products?Were you, the consumer pays more and the
farmer receives a decent wage?
    Who regularly puts their money where their mouth is?Or are people more
concerned with maximum profit and minimal expenditure..........just like the
corporations that you so despise.

     PW