[kj] best venue

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 11:46:30 EDT 2005

well thats the sheer contradiction of punk ect bands playing the lycuim,get
this plush looking venue,which in olden days was a very hip joint for the
middle 2 upper classes generally, to view opera/classical ect,the lycuim has
a rich history,and i think the day when some promoter some where decided to
put on a long stream of ...hot the typical stuff the lycium was generally
accustomed to presenting....was a turning point in history,a kind of
progress if u like,by tearing down the accepted,and replacing it with the
total opposit--chalk and cheese/punk/exsperimantal bands=playing at the
beautifully designed venue,but it bloody worked very well indeed,even though
to every ones surprise--i think that,that venues history is now deeply
richer 4 having takinen the risk of the chalk n cheese approach.

mel london uk