[kj] best venue

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 23 19:35:10 EDT 2005

Mel the Lyceum gig I was at was 26 July 1981 - I've
just remembered it was the same gig that became a
fairly common vinyl bootleg so I just checked the
sleeve. A treat now I think about it to have my first
KJ gig immortalised on vinyl. As for Pink Military, I
only recognise the name as a band that were around a
lot at that time, didn't John Peel play them a lot? I
can even hear his voice saying the name. I'm pretty
sure I saw them support someone but can't remember for
sure - sorry, curse my ageing brain.
PS I can remember that Bono waved a large white flag a
lot during that U2 gig. Not sure what that was all
about.