[kj] Nervous Breakdown

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 22 18:04:03 EDT 2005

> For a start, Peter, I was not an only child, and I think your tactic of
> attempting to make a point via a personal slight is reprehensible.

*********I was asking a question and I do not regard being an only child as
a "slight".Its just that only childs are less likely to share things.
You regard being an only child as a "slight", not me**********

> In terms of the usage of certain songs for the purposes of advertising,
> I don't claim to own these bands nor their art, but I have every right
> to lament the fact that they're allowing their art to be compromised
> for commerce. It's wide spread, now, but that doesn't make it right.

********I would say that the bands have no say in what happens to the
music,I would say that its the record companies (or music
owners)decision.Just enjoy the tunes and dont worry about it**************

> In terms of seeing images associated with music used solely as fashion
> accessories, I'd only point out that they mean different things to
> different people. Some people hold certain iconography dear, some
> don't.

********Its just a symbol that means different things to different
people.Its quite ironic that "trendys" disliked you for wearing a certain
T-shirt when you were younger and you considered this to be unjust and now
you are treating "trendys"exactly the same way for wearing exactly the same
t-shirt.Did you not learn anything from your experiences? ************

 If, as you so laboriously point out day in and day out, you are
> not bothered either way, why do you stick around to pollute a list
> populated by people who clearly *DO* take such things seriously?

********Im not saying that i dont care either way,Im saying it should get
maximum publicity.As you imply that im repetitive,Lets not forget that you
continuously question why Im here and regularly suggest that I should
"pollute" another site*************

           PW