[kj] Nervous Breakdown

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 16:40:55 EDT 2005

In some ways, it's kind of gross, but it's also kind
of cool. Subverting the mainstream media with cool
songs. Flaming Lips and the Cure were also in
commercials. It just goes to show that there really is
no good reason other than payola and back-slapping
that stuff like Devo, Flaming Lips and whatever can't
be played alongside the likes of anything that's
popular right now. It goes to show that the quality of
a song or how good a band really is has very little to
do with how popular they are or can be.

Leigh