[kj] Nervous Breakdown

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 14:47:31 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/22/2005 8:34:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk writes:

A small  Syrian informs me that she has been seeing
adverts on TV for the internet  with "Nervous
Breakdown" by Black Flag as the soundtrack.

It does  seem odd to advertise the internet with a song
that goes 'my head really  hurts.'It would not surprise
me if miserable hardcore hero Greg Ginn earned  more
money on royalties from this advert than from every
Black Flag gig  put together. Perhaps he could pay
Grant Hart and Meat Puppets (neither of  whom are from
DC) some of the dosh they claim SST owes them!

There  are a lot of Black Flag songs he could shop out
to advertisers for more  appropriate products.

*Six Pack could be used to sell weak American  beer
*Wasted - skateboards
*Spray Paint the Wall - paints for naughty  people
*TV Party - more beer or junk food
*Thirsty and Miserable - beer,  more beer!
*Black Coffee - coffee
*White Minority - propaganda for  Republican party
*Swinging Man - trailer for film about cashcow  suicide
Ian Curtis
*I Won't Stick Any Of You - Blu-Tac (TM)
*Scream -  Ice cream
*Now She's Black - cosmetic surgery for skin
darkening, in an  advert featuring Ari Up
*The Process of Weeding Out - garden tools such  as
spades and hoes
*Slip It In - condoms
*The Crazy Girl -  Prozac
*Retired at 21 - pension schemes
*Life of Pain -  aspirin
*Annihilate This Week - more booze and cigs
*Drinking and  Driving - anti-drink driving propaganda
*Paralyzed -  wheelchairs
*Sinking - trailer for film about the Titanic
*I'm the One -  The Sun newspaper
*I Can See You - opticians
*Gimmme Gimme Gimme - just  about anything
*No More - turn off the TV go do something less  toxic
instead, like drink a six pack

Cracked Machine irregular  cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

"What one thinks  of as extremes seldom are" :: BC Gilbert

Send instant messages to your  online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

They already used "Rise Above" for a skate game commercial I saw a few  years
back. So who knows? - Lonely Boy