[kj] Nazi pontiffs...fuck off!

Juliet Pleming pricepleming at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 16:36:43 EDT 2005

Most catholics I know take their religion with a pinch of salt and
symbolically, not at all literally. They are quite a lot more open
minded than – say – the happy clappy fundamentalists. Now those people
are the scariest. I had a flirtation with them – oooh – years ago. They
seemed so happy – but when I penetrated the exterior I found that they
are very narrow minded. For god sake - they think that doing yoga opens
you to evil spirits and won’t let their kids read Harry Potter because
it refers to witch craft.

The catholics I know all seem to spend a lot of time partying and
getting pissed. How could you take anything the pope says literally when
they have changed their minds about so many details of worship over the
years.

I am indeed a lapsed catholic myself – having been to convent school
from 11yrs old. We weren’t churchgoers. I am sure it did have some sort
of influence on me, although quite a vague one. I know about as much
about the pope, etc. as anyone. I certainly was not indoctrinated.