[kj] TG Wreckers/Coil

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:42:56 EDT 2005

On 4/18/05, Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
> The one band of the TG axis I've never really heard (apart from one track, really) is
> Psychic TV. Which album would be a good starting place?

It's hard to say where to start.  I can second the other suggestions.
If any of these turn up at a decent price, you might try:

Force the Hand of Chance
Dreams Less Sweet
Those Who Do Not, aka Live in Reykjavik
Jack the Tab, Tekno Acid Beat, or the acid compilations on Wax Trax
(not Invisible)
Bregenz

The _Splinter Test_ boxes are well worth picking up.  They collect
long-form, ambient, and/or experimental pieces that are among the most
successful PTV work.  That includes _Themes_ aka _Cold Dark Matter_, a
bonus LP with some copies of _Force the Hand of Chance_.  That has
also been reissued by itself.

Unfortunately none of these have been around for quite a while, apart
from Bregenz which was reissued by Voiceprint relatively recently.
That one is a strange live album that sounds as if it was played
sideways.

--Mark