[kj] Hitler...Youth...the pope?

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 12:53:17 EDT 2005

A valid point. Besides, the man has recent (and serious) crimes upon his head: there's no need to dig up events from that long ago.

Jim Harper.

Dave Noonan <noonan.hq at ntlworld.com> wrote:
Mel - Dave2 has beaten me to it - joining the Hitler Youth was compulsory for a child of the Pope's age and I can only imagine how severe the consequences may have been for those who did not participate. We can sit cosy with the benefit of hindsight and berate someone for making those choices without ourselves having to face the consequences, all I have read states he was not a particularly willing participant so I am not going to beat him with that particular stick – it is a smokescreen over the real issues of his view on the world today.

Dave
Gathering mailing list
Gathering at misera.net