[kj] SCARIEST record...

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 17:54:37 EDT 2005

Oh yes ;)
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Stephen Robinson [mailto:heiferboy at robinsonworld.freeserve.co.uk]
  Sent: 19 April 2005 22:23
  To: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk; A list about all things Killing Joke (the
band!)
  Subject: Re: [kj] SCARIEST record...

  Is that the one where he uses the term " ... and well known local puff"?

    I have a similar one to this - I happened to be reading the
Brady/Hindley book
    'Beyond Belief' which I'd picked-up in a charity shop. (I think it *was*
the one that
    most interested parties read back in the 70's & that included TG)
Anyways, whilst
    reading, I was listening to some live TG & 'Very Friendly' came 'round
on the tape.
    A particularly incredible live rendition of the tune, when Gen started
on about Brady
    smashing Edward Evans' head in, it seemed to lock-in with what I
reading - hard
    to describe, but it really added to the horror in the text & blew me
away - I love how
    music can do that. That episode is now an enduring memory! :)

    4kin' TG man... love em :)

    ade.