[kj] Audioslave

Javier Garcia jagargal at lycos.com
Tue Apr 19 13:24:54 EDT 2005

Second Ket here, I used to like Soundgarden a lot, more specific their first three albums. RATM was ok, but i never got a grip on them. Audioslave is ok to me, they have some great heavy/slow songs that show Cornell's hand in the compositions, i also think his voice is in a wonderful shape, reminds me a lot of those first years of Soundgarden. I don't like very much their slow-sort of balad songs though. Always wonder why a band that has a very heavy base make that kind of soft stuff... radio singles? seems to be the more obvious; anyway, it doesn't make sense to me.
They're coming to Mexico in a couple of weeks. But I also have Fantomas, NIN and Placebo in the following days, so i have to choose as I seems very difficult to me to cover all the different shows... I hate it when so many good bands come in a very short lapse of time!... and then it could be years to wait for a nice gig.

Javier
mexico city