[kj] Death & metal resurrection show?

Javier Garcia jagargal at lycos.com
Mon Apr 18 13:39:30 EDT 2005

Second Ade, "28 days later" begins great, and then...dull ... that whole part of the "evil military men" is crap! (i know a lot of people that love the film though).

The Others was pretty goog imho... it made me chicken skin in several moments.
I've enjoyed M Night Shyamalan movies in general, 'Signs' is really good (except the end, which lacks of originality, but the rest is great suspense!). Sixth Sense was pretty good. 'Unbreakable' is really good too... The Village isn't bad, but i expected more. It may be his worst movie until now.
I loved 'Blair Witch Project' i think it's one of the more frightening movies, at least if you watch it as it should be: with no interruptions, a big screen and nice sound system; all in the dark (in few words: the theatre or at least a nice home theatre system). To me it was a whole experience. Can accept that many people -like my wife- hate it because of the camera movements (it can be something irritating -but not to me-), but the film is outstanding. Won't say more in case some of you haven't saw it yet.
'Irreversible' it's a shocking french film, more terrifying that many 'horror films'. Could fit into 'Reality / Non-Fantasy Horror' category (just as 'Deliverance'). An amazing weird-heavy-intense film both artisticallky and technically. Extra-ordinary.

Out of the Horror bag:
>Fiction/Fantasy
The Lord of The Rings trilogy is awesome (don't get dissapointed with the first movie, the 2/3 that follow it are outstanding!).
Star Wars. I love the old trilogy and still looking forward 'Episode III' even when 'Episode I' was a complete dissapointing and 'Ep II' was close to.
Matrix. I find the first one really fantastic. The next two are enjoyable, but not close to the first one.

>Bad Guys/Mafia (and commedy at the end of the list)
The Godfather I and II.
Good Fellas.
Carlito's Way
Cape Fear