[kj] SCARIEST record... and cover

Javier Garcia jagargal at lycos.com
Thu Apr 14 13:33:08 EDT 2005

Diamanda Galas has a lot of scary moments!!
I saw here live about 3/4 years ago, it was only Diamanda all dressed in black, a huge black piano and a very soft ambient light that went from yellow to red. Some pretty intense/scary moments indeed!!.

This topic took me to my young teenage days... remember the first time saw Celtic Frot's "To Megatherion" cover, with that great Giger's illustration of a devil aiming at you with a crucifix. Remember i thought: "oh man!, this guys are really going pretty heavy, pretty 'satanic'!" then listened to 'Danse Macabre' and it really was the scariest thing I've ever listened to. They had some scary moments besides that song(?), and after the shock I turned into a Celtic Frost fan (still enjoy their -by those years- avant garde metal, now sounds almost primitive!).
And talking about album covers, another one that impresed me and kept me busy searching for some hidden message was "Reign in Blood" by Slayer. What a great wicked piece of scary art!

Mis dos pesos

Javier
mexico city