[kj] TG Wreckers/Coil

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 17:54:45 EDT 2005

> I can't say I really "enjoy" Throbbing Gristle's music,
but there is an abject ugliness to it that makes it both repulsive and
compelling.

When I first became interested through a magazine article (Spiral Scratch,
early 90's) I went out & got a copy of CD1, listened to it & thought
"WTF is this??!!!". I took it back, but was so compelled by the article
that I later picked-up a cheap copy of "Mission of Dead Souls" to give
them another go & never looked back ;) Absolutely 4kin amazing - I love
live recordings by default & it's clear that TG were best live. If you
find a copy of that album, it may start to make more sense... or may
not ;)

ade.