[kj] Motorhead v Hawkwind v KillingJoke

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 15:30:44 EST 2005

Well we gotta disagree on something!    Some of the best HW gigs I've seen
have been in recent times. Edinburgh 2001 is possibly the best I've EVER
seen 'em (though I never saw 'em in their original Lemmy days).  They still
do new stuff, and provide a new take on old stuff too.All a matter of
opinion of course! I've not seen Space Ritual live, but the video I have is
fucking awful! Fat, clueless old men trying to remember how the song goes
'cos they've not rehearsed, then passing it off as "jamming" and the
"original 70's style HW".    It's what HW woulda been if they'd split in
'75, did nothing in between, then reformed to try and make some cash.
Without actually rehearsing. It was fucking grim!
But each to their own, and I'm sure only about 3 people here give a fuck
anyway!

Dave