[kj] Motorhead v Hawkwind v KillingJoke

Peter Moltesen moltesen at freenetname.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 10:53:28 EST 2005

> Here's one to put the cat among the pigeons.>
> Anyone else noticed the influence of Hawkwind in some of KJ's efforts ?

oh yes indeed !
I can hear the 'Born to go' riff every time I listen to Pssyche.
Its a real shame that, unlike KJ, Hawkwind are now well past their sell by
date.
In the 1970s (and early 1980s) nobody could touch them. Even though I know
every note
of those 1970s albums off by heart, they still manage to send shivers down
my spine
whenever I play them. Nik's current Space Ritual band are just soo much
better.

Theres definite Krautrock influences at work in some of the earlier KJ stuff
too
must be Conny Plank's influence.

Peter