[kj] BARcelona

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:19:16 EST 2005

Half way down the Ramblas, look for the side streets on the right
which the locals go down, thats were you find many busy bars full with
youth, cheap restaurants with good food.
Plenty of Tapas bars in the Gothic area the Spanish frequent and
therefore better prices than in the tourist traps - dont eat down by
the harbour.
local beer is cheaper than import and i was drinking spririts as it
comes in triple measures and was cheaper than a pint.

we tend to walk and stumble on things off the beaten track. I was
staying up by the Glories roundabout and walked everywhere.

the cable car is worth the trip but the fort at the very top of the
hill is a bore. The metro is cheap and easy so just get a couple of
days pass and it will run you all over the place.

http://www.bcn.es/turisme/english/turisme/welcome.htm

--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow