[kj] lanterns

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 01:14:52 EST 2005

  Pet Shop Boys have a song called "New York City Boy," also one called "Being Boring." And for those vast treks / breathers thru the country, "Go West." And with little to no guitarwork, only funny cone-hats.

fluwdot at earthlink.net wrote:<Like a drunken sea shanty.

Sorry.

Alex in NYC>>>

aRRR.. and what is wrong with that matey! har

alex, you may need to get out of the super charged city and grab a
breather in the country.

may i offer this:
perhaps in support of your "bored" evaluation. i reason - part of my
attraction to lanterns may stem from the fact
that this sentimental 'harve' - spent most of 95-96 driving across
great stretches of the never ending night-time landscape - after many
a gig out of town, most normally 100's of miles from home yet still
deep within the boundaries of a great land named texas. predictably,
the soundtrack to those journeys was most often the new/most current
album from my favorite band. so one may gather, those immensely
arching open spaces and dense expanses of stars might aid one's soul
in welcoming such sentiment as those lithely, or seemingly,
listlessly, cast forth in lanterns,,, anyhow, for me, it 'worked'.

as for indulgence in the other proposed ingredient of sentimental
influence? yes, don't tell any stern, faultily "might is right",
naively matter of fact & manufactured- psuedo-nurishment stuffed
texas state troopers, but my temperment was often massaged with
libations derived from nature's course.

again, harrrr aarrrr

and oh yes, outer country texas can be interpreted as a bit boring,
but more so if the body in which one lives, is uninterested in
exploring the subtle yet rich rewards, of such a deceptively vacuous
environ.

nothing meant by this evaluation brother ale X - other than - i guess
it is just the long way of saying "you had to be there"...

however i can see how, while living in nyc, or most urban jungles,
that said sentiment - has a tendency to yawnsomely scull on deaf
hearts.

..