[kj] OT -- EATB

Amy Moseley Rupp amyr at jump.net
Tue Sep 28 01:53:14 EDT 2004

> what other bands can you think of that have been maligned or otherwise
> written off just because they were victims of a fad or a superficial era in
> history?

A friend of mine would be insistent upon Human League and Teardrops Explode/
Julian Cope.

If you think about it, precious few 80s bands retained any sense of "importance"
in the 90s.  Fickle music public.  Household names?  U2, REM.... and wot's
up with the Diva crap?  The truly accomplished female vocalists of that
time got left behind.... I am thinking especially of Siouxsie here.