AW: [kj] Raven at chat again, news about shows

PRAEst76 praest76 at escapism.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 13:05:44 EDT 2004

bluce ree wrote:

> i felt the same when i met the gatherers at the preston gig.
> everyone was cool and I sort of felt that meeting Jaz and probably
> getting ignored/dissed (not that I use that word in actual
> conversation) would bring it all down.

> plus I've been a fan forever so I'd be a bit miffed if they turned
> out to be pricks!  (just ask Mr Chapman)

Well I always enjoyed meeting the gatherers. As for the band Raven
seemed like he'd be a nice chap though I didn't see much of him as he
seemed to be busy readying himself. Ted wasn't bad for a yank, if he did
seem a little confused and couldn't understand a word I was saying.
Geordie always struck me as the type who would prefer to be at home with
a bottle and as for Jaz... well Marc said it best. I always remember his
casually tossed-off 'friendly' threats to Mr Jelbod at the Camden gig
which I though was unecessary and bang out of line. My opinion of Jaz
has been coloured since that day. He'd probably be a fine chap if he
didn't feel the need to adopt this 'scary prophet' mask when he meets
people to cover up his insecurities.

Just my tuppence. So yes, never meet your heroes.

--
PRAEst76