[kj] OT: R.I.P. Johnny

Thomas Kennedy tkennedy1999 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 16 20:44:28 EDT 2004

Well, that sure bummed my day out right off the bat.  A few weeks ago a friend of mine told me that (now!) Johnny Ramone had cancer and wasn't doing too good....    I didn't follow up on that, but unfortunately that was right on.   Considering how shitty today's bands are, I feel very fortunate to have seen Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee rock the stage (Pet Semetary Tour '88 - also Dee Dee's last) together, and a few times more with the replacement bass player.   Great fucking band - they helped write the book on kicking a crowd's ass by playing, one time I saw, 11 songs in a row!   I still tell people, when asked, that THE RAMONES were the greatest rock band ever.  I feel sorry for anyone who's into punk or rock that didn't get to see them.   They missed out.

R.I.P.  Joey, Dee Dee, Johnny...    THE RAMONES.

Tom.