[kj] ot - land of the free

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 10 15:30:36 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Davies" <Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com>
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
<gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 8:18 AM
Subject: RE: [kj] ot - land of the free

The point though Peter is that if it annoys someone is that a valid
reason to have it banned? Protests have to go through checks as it is so
there isn't that much of a distinction. Its about tolerance isn't it.

*******If a demonstration annoy passers -by,It's not going to help the
"cause",is it.**************

As to the effectiveness of protest I can only agree with you.

*******In days gone by,Marches may of been a way of spreading a message,But
with the "information superhighway",There is easier, more effective ways of
communication**************

 I fell out
big time with some old friends who were shocked that an old peace camp
activist like myself didn't march with them. I couldn't find much
alliance with many of the marchers who in their spare time are playing
with stocks and shares and who suddenly had a moral issue with something
staring them in the face but who are quite happy to be ignorant to the
unseen crimes their investment brings.

*********I think it's wrong to stereo-type(stock) traders,It's a very
stressful job,working long hours,If they fail to earn enough money they are
dismissed immeadiatly,Most traders are "burnt-out" by their thirties,Do you
question every aspect of your job?*********

Its like steve biko said when asked why he wouldn't go and talk to the
South African president. He didn't want to sell out to arpartheid and
join their table, he wanted a brand new table in which everyone could
join it with a clean slate.

*********Bilko would bought a deck of cards to the table,And won the country
with a royal flush***************

Taking that concept, I feel that effective
change will only come from us changing completely our ideas, values.
However how many would be prepared to do that? Give up their telly and
microwaved dinners - no way?

*********I never used a microwave oven ,And I have never eaten a microwaved

Processed food. Now that's an interesting ot topic. Who hear eats
processed food in large quantities? C'mon Peter put your hand up...we
know you do!

**********I see food as nourishment,Fruit and vegetables are vitamen
rich,Processed food  does nt have high nutritional value.You are what you
eat.Once food is cut it starts to lose it's nutritions immeadiatly,Ready-to-
eat Cut fruit countains as much as half the vitamins as "Whole" fruit

iPat