[kj] RE: Rush debate & KJ top 5

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 05:29:40 EDT 2004

   How does the music in "live in rio" compare to the sounds
of "Exit Stage Left"? which I would otherwise recommend as
a great intro to Rush.
Saul

Rob Martin <robmartin at bluebottle.com> wrote:
Pat
Thanks for the responses.
If you are serious about at least trying out some Rush, then I would
definitely recommend 'Presto' (for the best lyrics, as I've already droned
on about), and 'Hold your fire'.
Anything from 'Power windows' is what I'd call there post-hippy days,
although I love 'Grace under pressure' and '2112' is possibly the most
popular album of their fans around the world.
The last two albums are quite heavy ('Test for echo' and 'Vapor trails'),
which was a great surprise as they were getting a bit too 'cultured' before
that.
If you could see the 'Live in Rio' DVD that came out in the last year or so,
that would be an even better place to start.

To all the rain and the thunder
I'm headed into the sun,
I wanna be there when you come....
http://mail.yahoo.com