[kj] RE: Rush debate & KJ top 5

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Tue Sep 7 08:25:43 EDT 2004

<I feel kind of guilty for sparking the whole Rush debate, although
what is the harm in just discussing stuff??!!>

I missed most of the thread but I put in my tuppence worth with an
element of wind up.

<<<I don't know what made me think that old gits walking down the street
would knock on the door and ask me if they could borrow the Stiff Little
Fingers album 'Inflammable Material', or KJ's first album etc.>>

they never came knocking on my door neither but during the Psychic TV
era the neighbours moved out, or disappeared abducted by phantoms.
Thinking about it I seem to recall a lot of people sitting around during
the dub days but it's a bit hazy..; )

<I guess all I can do is recommend Rush to non-believers and let them
decide for themselves.>

That's good enough to me. I'm off down to the library for the back
catalogue. Where best to start then?

<How do you all come up with top 5s or top 10s?
Whenever I play an album it suddenly takes over as the best album,
with exceptions obviously.
Certainly there are about 20-30 albums which are my faves, although I
would repeat that the two Rush albums above are the only ones I could
certainly say are my fave two.
As for KJ tracks, it totally depends on the album I'm playing at the
time.>

of course it changes for me daily as well. I play an albulm to death,
letting it seep into me before its saturation point where it goes off to
cover dust. Music is for moments and inspiration for me. As I do a lot
of physical exercise I tend to play music to suit the occasion. I also
did a lot of work in the nightclubs over a long number of years and so
silence is also a welcome friend as well.

<That's my latest inject finished with.
Stepping down from the soapbox now.>

Smelling a lot fresher I hope!

iPat