[kj] politics

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 04:50:51 EDT 2004

<xps1 at quick.cz> writes:

>Jamie, the difference is however under capitalism the poverty is a product of overproduction while in previous economic systems it was a result of lack of it.

Hi Pavel,

Fair point. You could also say that racism was a central plank of Nazism but not of Soviet communism - however, the Jews killed in pogroms in Stalinist Russia were just as dead as those killed by the Nazis. In other words, I can see many differences between the "-isms", but I also see a strong similarity in the end result: a small number of people at the top, and a large number of people at the bottom, and a certain amount of ruthlessness to keep it that way. (Economic circumstances, technology, and social security payments may make the bottom of the heap a more or less miserable place to be, however.)

There's enough for all our need, but not enough for all our greed.

Second helpings, anyone? ;-)

Jamie