[kj] politics

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 16:40:10 EDT 2004

The reason the west allows communist parites is that right now they are too
small to be a threat. However, even today, when communists get too active, they
are supressed. And ever heard of the Red Scare of the 50s? Even people who
went to one meeting were blacklisted, becasuse the party was much bigger then
and they had ties to the SU. The Soviets always banned other parties, because
they were a threat to the gov. The problem was that capitalism returned withing
the communist party iteslf, rather than from outside forces.
Of course Pol Pot was not a communist. But the educators and media love to
say he was to make people (like the ones on this list who get all worked up)
think communism is the worst thing possible.
As for Cuba, they have the best health care and best literacy rate in Latin
America. They even sent 10,000 extra doctors to help out in Venezuela (albeit
for political reasons).
As I said before, Bin Laden represents the capitalist group (getting
stronger) that wants control of all Saudi oil, without US presence there.
As for communism, check out www.plp.org for articles about what went wrong in
the old movement (Road to Revolution III) and what communism could and should
be (Road to Revolution IV). I know it's hard to fight the lessons you've been
taught you whole life, but capitalism has created worldwide misery and it's
got to go.