[kj] if KJ do a promos DVD...

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 3 13:20:20 EDT 2004

My two cents.
The video for "Seeing Red" has a great look, but it doesn't really go
anywhere. Also, why only Jaz? Where's the rest of the band?
The video for "Loose Cannon" is far and away the worst thing they've
ever done. Full fucking stop.
The video for "Democracy" made me truly depressed. That bad.
The video for "Millenium" isn't terrible (despite Youth's big silly
hat). Some great bug-eyed Jaz moments therein.
The video for "Pandemonium" (with the 'soothsayer') is truly abysmal
The video for "Money is Not Our God," while on the cheap, isn't
terrible. Live footage is nice.
The video for "America" is truly dire. Truly, truly, truly dire.
The video for "Sanity" would've been vastly improved had Jaz gotten a
proper fuckin' haircut.
I don't remember the video for "Adorations," but I remember not being
particularly blown off the porch by it.
I only saw the video for "Love Like Blood" once -- in a gellato shop in
Florence, Italy -- and only remember a vague Soviet propaganda theme.
The video for "Kings & Queens" is good, as I remember.
I *LOVE* the video for "A New Day".
The video for "Eighties" is not only a brilliant video by any standard,
it's easily the finest video the band has ever done. And that's not
just because I happen to love the song, but rather that it's a perfect
visual encapsulation of the song, the sentiment, the band's character
and the times. In my opinion of course.
The video for "Let's All Go (To the Fire Dances)" isn't like any Tears
for Fears video I've ever seen. A bit silly, a bit dated, but still
cool.

Alex in NYC