[kj] if KJ do a promos DVD...

Paul Rangecroft killing_j0ke at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 06:41:03 EDT 2004

>From: bluce ree <bluceree2003 at yahoo.co.uk>
>
>would it actually be any good?

yes, it would be wonderful. i'd buy it straight away and i'm sure most
people here would. who cares it's a bit patchy?

>For ages I've wanted to see all the promos on a nice high quality DVD but
>have they ever done enough decent videos to warrant one?

i don't see that that really matters. i know that sounds daft but i'd still
watch it. i watch my BIG COUNTRY promos DVD regularly and some of those are
pretty fucking dodgy. but it's just great to see them, enjoy the good ones
and laugh at the bad ones.

>firedances - looks like a Tears For Fears video or something equally poor.
>Big Paul looks exceptionally gay throughout.

i don't think it looks like a TFF video. more like that 'safety dance'
one-hit-wonder. i like the pagan revelry, it's a good video.

>a new day - actually pretty good, with comedy blacked-up geordie (!!!)

he's green, isn't he? a perfectly decent video with some disturbing clips.

>adorations - just a horrible pretentious reminder of KJ at their most
>horrible and pretentious.

not mad keen on this one.

>love like blood - at times okay, at times awful (especially the bits with
>the actors).  bad, bad, bad dress sense from BPF.

boring.

>sanity - cant watch it on account of the utterly awful song.

ok-ish.

>money is not our god - rubbish!!!!  okay live footage mixed with terrible
>text effects.

slightly better than rubbish.

>eighties - okay, this is decent enough with Jaz looking nicely barking and
>it's a killer tune as well.

excellent video, makes an average song (sorry, alex!) very awesome.

>millenium - rubbish vid, tuppeny tune

no, it's cool to see them having a laugh.

>pandemonium - cheap and nasty video.

i've seen the proper american one! it looks like that old 'tukish delight'
ad.

>loose cannon - actually the worst video made by anyone ever.

come off it. why are you exaggerating in a negative way all the time? i
could name loads of worse videos, like, um... well, there's ... err...
'hello' by lionel ritchie. right, antoni?

>seeing red - okay video, if a little boring and already overshadowed by
>that QOTSA one.

bloody good video. shame nobody got to see it.

>kings and queens - not bad, a bit uninspiring though.

no, don't like this one. very poor man's DURAN DURAN.

you missed out 'america' (unless you're implying that's not really KILLING
JOKE, as some argue with OTG material), which i think captured the cheesy
irony very well but you'd probably say it was shit.

with the lack of the astoria live DVD and not a whole lot of other activity
i think we can do without the core fans putting the band off releasing
something that would be a welcome addition to most, of not all, of our
collections. shame on you, bluce!