[kj] John Peel, memorial beer

Bo Krogsgaard t23 at mother.brap.dk
Sat Oct 30 19:57:11 EDT 2004

I used to sit and listen to BBC on a crappy short wave portable radio and
i got my granddad to tweak the fucking internals of it to be able to do
so. I worked at a record distribution when Strange Fruit started releasing
the Peel Sessions records and i was a huge Joy Division / New Order fan
back then so needless to say i got interested in what he did. The signal
to noise ratio on the radio was crap at best but god damned i tuned in to
hear what new cool band he had in session because he introduced me to so
much good music and had tastes i could relate to.

Many years later i saw Carcass and Bolt Thrower being Peel'ed and i so
fucking envied him because he got to meet the bands that i like, and even
though i didn't know who he was until 1987 or so, he has been in my hero
gallery ever since and shown me why SOOOOO many times after that.

This here Duvel is raised in memory of him. Probably the greatest music
promoter and greatest music fan ever to set foot on this planet.